Find A Physician
More on Urology
More on Urology
- Erectile Dysfunction Drug Also Helps Men Ejaculate and Orgasm
- Dr. Ashutosh Tewari to Lead New Center for Prostate Cancer at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- September is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
- As a Man's Belt Size Increases, So Does His Risk of Sexual and Urinary Dysfunction
- Dr. Ashutosh K. Tewari Receives Prestigious Gold Cystoscope Award for Contributions to Field of Urologic Oncology
- Robot Assisted Prostate Cancer Surgery Compares Favorably to Other Surgical Techniques
- When Erectile Dysfunction Isn't the Whole Story: Majority of Men With ED Have Other Unaddressed Sexual Dysfunction
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Research Presented at American Urological Association Meeting
- Laser May Reduce Prostate Surgery's Sexual Side Effects
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center Physician-Scientists Present at American Urological Association Annual Meeting
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center Physician-Scientists Present at 2010 American Urological Association Meeting
Research and Clinical Trials
More on Urology
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital has one of the highest ranked Departments of Urology in the country. Currently ranked 5th in the nation for urology by U.S. News & World Report, the urologic centers at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center and NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center have comprehensive facilities providing multidisciplinary subspecialty care for:
- cancer of the prostate, bladder, kidney, or testes
- benign prostate conditions
- kidney stones
- female urology
- pediatric urology
- fertility problems
- sexual conditions
Our therapeutic approaches have revolutionized effective treatment of localized prostate cancer with limited side effects; our physicians have also led the way in developing new approaches to manage advanced prostate cancer.
Our urologists place an emphasis on minimally invasive surgery for urologic cancers. Both sites offer robotic surgery and minimally invasive surgery, approaches whose advantages include small incisions, less blood loss, shorter recovery times, and less post-operative pain. Robotic prostate surgery patients at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell and NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia benefit from minimal impact on quality of life, including sexual function and urinary control.
Urologic care at NewYork-Presbyterian is supported by innovative research programs – in both clinical care and basic science – that allow development of new therapeutic opportunities, including new treatments for prostate cancer, sexual problems, fertility issues and minimally invasive surgery. This focus on advancing the state of knowledge in urology leads to the compassionate and expert provision of state-of-the-art treatment.
Our patients receive urologic care in a warm and sensitive environment that allows them the opportunity to choose treatment opportunities that best suit their needs and desires.
The Department of Urology at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell, the James Buchanan Brady Foundation, is located on the 9th floor of the Starr Pavilion at 525 East 68th Street, between York Avenue and the East River.
The Department of Urology at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia, the J. Bentley Squire Urological Clinic, is located on the 11th floor of the Herbert Irving Building at the Columbia Center at 161 Fort Washington Avenue. NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia sites include the Milstein Pavilion as well as the Allen Pavilion and the Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital of NewYork-Presbyterian.
Both centers have some of the most respected physicians in the country in this field, with more NewYork-Presbyterian urologists listed in New York Magazine's "Best Doctors" than any other center or hospital system in New York City. Each treatment center includes international leaders in urology who routinely provide advanced treatments in each of these fields, treatments that are not available or are only considered to be "potential therapies" at other highly ranked centers.
More information on the comprehensive care available at both Urology Departments of NewYork-Presbyterian is available by clicking on the links, or by telephone at the listings provided below.