Application Policies and Procedures
To avoid delay or problems in the processing of your application:
- Read all material carefully before completing your application.
- Follow indicated instructions carefully.
- Be neat, accurate, and thorough when submitting all requested information or material as application procedures are strictly adhered to.
On-Line Dietetic Internship Program Application
- The NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program is using the on-line centralized internship application, DICAS, which may be accessed at https://portal.dicas.org; email: DICAS info@DICAS.org.
- DICAS will be available after December 8, 2012 for the Spring, 2013 Computer Match Process.
- The on-line application for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program must be completed by 11:59 pm Central Time on February 15, 2013.
- The fee to use DICAS is $40.00 for the first application submitted and $20.00 for each additional application.
- Three references are required. When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference. This will trigger an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed on-line. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to:
DICAS - Transcript Dept.
PO Box 9118
Watertown, MA 02472
- Declaration of Intent to complete Degree and ACEND-Approved Minimum Academic Requirements form (required for the applicant who has not yet completed academic requirements) or Verification Statement of Completion of Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) (required for the applicant who has already completed academic requirements and has received a college degree). The appropriate form is completed on-line by the College Didactic Program Director at the request of the student.
- Applicants who apply to internships using DICAS will be asked to complete a personal statement, limited to 1000 words. Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- Discuss experiences that have helped you to prepare for your career.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- Completed Preference of Internship Entrance Dates Form - Upload in the supplemental section of the on-line application for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program.
- Degree Equivalency Statement from one of the approved agencies listed on the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Web site (www.eatright.org) confirming that the degree is equivalent to at least a baccalaureate degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university. (Required for those students completing their education outside of the United States) - upload in the supplemental section of the on-line application for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program.
On-Line Payment of the Dietetic Internship Program Application Fee
The $125.00 application fee for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program must be paid by 11:59 pm Central Time on February 15, 2013. Only Web-based credit card payments will be accepted.
Applicants must register for the on-line computer matching on the D & D Digital Web site at www.dnddigital.com, pay the computer match fee ($50.00) by credit card and enter their contact information and dietetic internship preferences by 11:59 pm Central Time on February 15, 2013.
D & D Digital Contact Information:
D & D Digital Systems
304 Main Street
Ames, IA 50010
Telephone: (515) 292-0490
FAX: (515) 663-9427
Schedule of Application Dates
- DICAS will be available after December 8, 2012.
- On-line application for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program must be completed by 11:59 pm Central Time on February 15, 2013.
- The $125.00 application fee must be paid by 11:59 pm Central Time on February 15, 2013.
Handling of Incomplete Applications
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the Dietetic Internship Application Evaluation Committee; therefore, all material required to complete the on-line application must be posted by the February 15, 2013 deadline.
Group tours of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical Center facilities are available. A reservation form with specific dates is included in this packet.
Policy Regarding Interviews
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital does not require an interview as part of the application procedure. Group tours of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical Center facilities are available. A reservation form with specific dates is included in this packet.
Policy Regarding Equal Opportunity
To facilitate program administration, eligibility is limited to American citizens, U.S. permanent residents, U.S. temporary residents under 8 USC 1160 or 1255a(a)(1), Asylees under 8 USC 1157 or Refugees under 8 USC 1158. Within this group of eligible applicants, it is the policy of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital to provide equal opportunity to all dietetic interns and applicants for the Dietetic Internship Program without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, and without regard to the disability of qualified persons, within the meaning and subject to the conditions of applicable federal, state and city laws.
The Hospital will recruit, accept, and train dietetic interns and administer all other Program policies in accordance with the above-stated equal opportunity principles.