Application Policies and Procedures
! Attention Applicant !
To avoid delay or problems in the processing of your application:
- Read all material carefully before completing your application.
- Follow indicated instructions carefully.
- Be neat, accurate and thorough when submitting all requested information or material as application procedures are strictly adhered to.
On-Line Dietetic Internship Program Application
- The NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program is using the on-line centralized internship application, DICAS, which may be accessed at portal.dicas.org; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DICAS will be available to applicants for the Spring, 2015 Computer Match Process on December 9, 2015.
- The on-line DICAS application for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program must be completed by 11:59 pm Central Time on February 15, 2016.
- The fee to use DICAS is $40.00 for the first application submitted and $20.00 for each additional application.
- Three references are required. When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference. This will trigger an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed on-line.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to:
PO Box 9118
Watertown, MA 02472
- Declaration of Intent to complete Degree and ACEND-Approved Minimum Academic Requirements form (required for the applicant who has not yet completed academic requirements) or Verification Statement of Completion of Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) (required for the applicant who has already completed academic requirements and has received a college degree). The appropriate form is completed on-line by the College Didactic Program Director at the request of the student.
- Applicants who apply to internships using DICAS will be asked to complete and upload a personal statement. Questions to be addressed in the personal statement for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program are:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- Discuss experiences that have helped you to prepare for your career.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals? How do you feel the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship will help you reach these goals?
- What are your personal and professional strengths? How do you feel these will contribute to your success as a dietetic intern?
- The personal statement is to be limited to 1,000 words.
On-Line Payment of the Dietetic Internship Program Application Fee
The $125.00 application fee for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program must be paid by 11:59 pm Central Time on February 15, 2016. Only Web-based credit card payments will be accepted. The Web site for making the payment can be accessed by clicking on the link to this page.
Applicants must register for the on-line computer matching on the D&D Digital Web site at www.dnddigital.com, pay the computer match fee ($50.00) by credit card and enter their contact information and dietetic internship preferences by 11:59 pm Central Time on February 15, 2016.
D&D Digital Contact Information:
D&D Digital Systems
Telephone: (515) 292-0490
Schedule of Application Dates
- DICAS will be available on December 9, 2015.
- On-line DICAS application for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program must be completed by 11:59 pm Central Time on February 15, 2016.
- The $125.00 NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program application fee must be paid by 11:59 pm Central Time on February 15, 2016.
- D&D Digital Systems computer match fee must be paid and dietetic internship preferences must be entered by 11:59 pm Central Time on February 15, 2016.
Handling of Incomplete Applications
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the Dietetic Internship Application Evaluation Committee; therefore, all material required to complete the on-line application must be posted by the February 15, 2016 deadline.
Policy Regarding Return of Application Material
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital maintains a policy of not returning application material to the applicant, once the application has been accepted by the Dietetic Internship Application Evaluation Committee.
Open Houses at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical Center are available. A reservation form with specific dates can be found on our website.
Policy Regarding Interviews
Students with the highest ranking on-line applications will be asked to interview (See Facts about the Dietetic Internship Program - Selection Criteria). Interviews will be conducted in-person or via web-cam (WebEx/Go-to-Meeting) by representative members of the Dietetic Internship Program Application Evaluation Committee. Students selected to be interviewed will be contacted via the primary email address noted on their DICAS application no later than March 11, 2015.
Second Round Match Procedures
In the event that the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program has open positions after the first round matching process, the following procedures will be followed to fill open positions.
Tuesday, April 5, 2016 - Those applicants who were on the D&D prioritized list for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program but did not receive a match may be contacted about the open position(s). Appointments must be confirmed by April 6, 2016 by 8:00 pm Central Time.
Thursday, April 7, 2016 - If there are open positions, "non-matched" applicants who are interested in participating in the second round selection can update and submit their application to the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program on DICAS. Applications must be submitted by April 9, 2016 by 12:00 pm (noon) Central Time.
Thursday, April 10, 2016 - Appointments will be offered beginning at 11:00 am Central Time.
Policy Regarding Equal Opportunity
To facilitate program administration, eligibility is limited to American citizens, U.S. permanent residents, U.S. temporary residents under 8 USC 1160 or 1255a(a)(1), Asylees under 8 USC 1157 or Refugees under 8 USC 1158. Within this group of eligible applicants, it is the policy of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital to provide equal opportunity to all dietetic interns and applicants for the Dietetic Internship Program without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), national origin, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, and any other protected characteristics, within the meaning and subject to the conditions of applicable federal, state, and city laws.
The Hospital will recruit, accept, and train dietetic interns and administer all other Program policies in accordance with the above-stated equal opportunity principles.