Research and Clinical Trials

About Clinical Trials

Medical research, including clinical trials, is conducted by NewYork-Presbyterian physicians through their academic positions at one of NYP's affiliated medical colleges: Weill Cornell Medical College or Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. The research takes place through the colleges, although it may use hospital facilities and equipment.

How to Find a Clinical Trial

The most comprehensive way to search for clinical trials is through the government database You can enter in a search term such as "prostate cancer" and the name of one of NYP's affiliated medical colleges.

Search Suggestions
  • For "Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons" the term "Columbia University" should suffice.
  • "Weill Cornell Medical College" is usually listed as "Weill Medical College of Cornell University" in the database. If you are looking for trials close to New York City, using the search term "Weill Medical College" is probably best. It will include the medical college's work, yet exclude work happening at "Cornell University" a good distance away in Ithaca, New York.
Trials at Weill Cornell Medical College

Clinical trials happening at Weill Cornell Medical College are also listed on a website run by Weill Cornell's Joint Clinical Trials Office.

Additional Resource

Additionally, some researchers looking to recruit patients for their studies list them on this page. You will see these items below.

  • Bookmark
  • Print

    Find a Doctor

Click the button above or call
1 877 NYP WELL

Top of page