Membership in Healthoutreach Includes:
- Monthly Educational Programs: Lectures by prominent guest speakers covering medical, social and legal issues relevant to the older adult. Topics include: Digestion, Dental Needs of the Mature Adult, Human/Animal therapeutic bonds, Arthritis and Bereavement.
- Screenings: Blood pressure screenings are provided free of charge. Appointments are also available for periodic nutritional workshops.
- Insurance Claim Issues: Trained volunteer counselors are available by appointment to assist you with questions related to Medicare, Medicaid or Supplemental Health Insurance.
- Notary Services: A notary is available, by appointment to assist you free of charge.
- Physician Referral Service: You can receive individually tailored referrals to NewYork- Presbyterian Hospital physicians and other programs such as the Irving Sherwood Wright Center on Aging.
- Bi-monthly Newsletter: Our newsletter will keep you informed of special hospital events, investigational studies and health related services of interest to the older adult.
- Counseling and Support Groups: Individual counseling and support groups are available on site. These services are offered by certified social workers who address issues such as coping with loss, social isolation and healthy aging.
- Caregivers Service
- Lifeline (Personal Home Emergency Response System)