Contact the referral call center:
Phone: An operator will pick-up your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This is a toll free call from anywhere in the continental United States
Live Chat: hours are 8AM -8PM (M-F) EST.
Thomas J. Fahey III, MD
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell
- Primary Specialties
- General Surgery (Board Certified)
- Education And Training
- 1986 Weill Cornell Medical College
- Internship: 1987 NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Residency: 1990 NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowship: 1991 Royal North Shore Hospital
- Clinical Expertise
- Endocrine Surgery
- Cushing's Syndrome
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Spleen Surgery
- Endocrine Tumors
- Adrenal Disorders
- Adrenal Laparoscopic Surgery
- Cancer of the Spleen
- Parathyroid Neoplasia
- Parathyroid Cancer
- Endocrine Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Parathyroid Surgery
- Thyroid Surgery
- Parathyroid Disease
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Parathyroid Surg
- Insurance Programs Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [HMO, Medicare, PPO]
- Affinity [Weill Cornell POS]
- CIGNA [HMO, Medicare, POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [EPO, HMO, PPO]
- GHI [CBP]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [HMO, Medicare, POS, PPO]
- Oxford Health Plans [HMO, Medicare, PPO]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource [PPO]
- United Healthcare [EPO, HMO, Medicare, POS, PPO, The Empire Plan (NYSHIP)]
- Gender Male
Tom Fahey, MD is the chief of endocrine surgery and Professor of Surgery at Weill Cornell Medical College. He is an Attending Surgeon at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. Dr. Fahey graduated from Duke University Magna Cum Laude in 1982, and Cornell University Medical College in 1986. He did his surgical residency at The New York Hospital, serving as Administrative Chief Resident. He was a Harvey and Katharine Cushing Fellow in Surgical Physiology from 1998-1990, and an Amercian Cancer Society Fellow in Clinical Oncology from 1989-1990.
Dr. Fahey was a guest investigator at The Rockefeller University, Laboratory of Medical Biochemistry from 1988-1991. He then completed a fellowship in Endocrine and Head and Neck Surgery at the Royal North Shore Hospital in Sydney Australia. He accepted a position as an Assistant Professor of Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center in the Division of GI and Endocrine Surgery. He was recruited back to New York Hospital-Cornell in 1996 as the Chief of the Section of Endocrine Surgery and rose to the level of Associate Professor in 1998, and was promoted to Professor of Surgery in 2007.
He is the Frank Glenn Faculty Scholar in Minimal Access Surgery at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell. Dr. Fahey has been consistently recognized over the years as one of America''s Top Doctors by Castle Connolly and US News & World Report. He has been cited as one of New York's Best Doctors by New York Magazine, and was named one of New York's Super Doctors from 2008-2011, an honor given to just 5% of physicians in New York.
He plays a strong leadership role in physician training and mentoring, serving as Program Director of the General Surgery Residency Program at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medica since July 2000. Dr. Fahey is Chair of the Department of Surgery's Resident Education Committee and Residency Review Committee.
His clinical and research interests lie in the field of endocrine (thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal and pancreas) and minimally invasive surgery.
His articles are widely published in peer-reviewed journals, and he has authored many book chapters. Dr. Fahey belongs to many professional associations, including the American College of Surgeons, Society of University Surgeons, American Association of Endocrine Surgeons and the American Thyroid Association.
He serves on the editorial board of the Journal of Oncology, the Journal of Thyroid Research and the Journal of Surgical Radiology. He is the Associate Editor for Endocrine Surgery for the Year Book of Surgery, and an ad hoc reviewer for Cancer, Cancer Research, Clinical Cancer Research, International Journal of Cancer, Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, Journal of Clinical Oncology, Surgery, Thyroid and the Annals of Surgery.
- This provider accepts new patients
- Appointment Phone Number:
- Primary Office
525 East 68th Street
Suite Starr 8 New York, NY 10065
Phone: (212) 746-5130
Fax: (212) 746-8771
Public Transportation: Yes
Disabled Access: Yes