Contact the referral call center:
Phone: An operator will pick-up your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This is a toll free call from anywhere in the continental United States
Live Chat: hours are 8AM -8PM (M-F) EST.
Timothy A. Pedley, MD
- Primary Specialty
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Board Certification
- Education And Training
- Yale University School of Medicine
- Internship: Stanford University Medical Center
- Residency: Stanford University Medical Center
- Fellowship: Stanford University Medical Center
- Clinical Expertise
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Insurance Programs Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [HMO, Medicare, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Affinity [Essential (Exchange), Medicaid, Medicare]
- CIGNA [Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, Child Health Plus, EPO, HMO, Medicare (Mediblue), Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid, Medicare]
- Health First [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid, Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [ConnectiCare, EPO, HMO, Medicaid, Medicare, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [Medicaid]
- Local 1199
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oscar (Exchange)
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare]
- UnitedHealthcare [HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare, POS, PPO]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Select Health]
- Gender Male
Dr. Pedley is Henry & Lucy Moses Professor of Neurology at Columbia University's College of Physicians and Surgeons and Attending Neurologist at the Neurological Institute of New York at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center. From 1998-2011, he served as Chair of the Department and as Neurologist-in-Chief at the Neurological Institute of New York, Columbia University Medical Center.
Dr. Pedley received his BA degree from Pomona College and his MD degree from Yale University. He trained in neurology at Stanford University and obtained additional experience in child neurology at the University of Colorado, after which he took postdoctoral fellowships in cellular neurophysiology and in clinical EEG/epilepsy, both at Stanford. He was on the faculty of Stanford University from 1975-1978, and then spent a year as a Visiting Research Fellow in London at the Institute of Psychiatry and King’s College Hospital before joining the Faculty of Medicine at Columbia in 1979.
Dr. Pedley’s clinical and research interests relate to epilepsy and clinical neurophysiology, and he has edited several standard textbooks on these topics.
Dr. Pedley has served as President of the American Neurological Association, the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society, the American Epilepsy Society, the Epilepsy Foundation and, most recently, the American Academy of Neurology. He was Editor-in-Chief of Epilepsia, the international professional journal of epilepsy, from 1994-2001, and he served on the National Advisory Neurological Disorders and Stroke Council of the NINDS/NIH from 2007-2011.
In 2006 Dr. Pedley received the William G. Lennox Award of the American Epilepsy Society for lifetime achievements. He is a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and he was elected to the National Academy of Medicine (formerly the Institute of Medicine) in 2007. Dr. Pedley currently serves as Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Bassett Medical Center, a Columbia affiliate in Cooperstown, NY.
- Primary Office
Neurological Institute of New York
710 West 168th Street
New York, NY 10032
Public Transportation: Yes
Disabled Access: Yes