Contact the referral call center:
Phone: An operator will pick-up your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This is a toll free call from anywhere in the continental United States
Live Chat: hours are 8AM -8PM (M-F) EST.
Steven R. Isaacson, MD, FACS
- Primary Specialty
- Radiation Oncology (Board Certified)
- Board Certification
- Education And Training
- Thomas Jefferson University Medical College
- Internship: Abington Memorial Hospital - PA
- Residency: Abington Memorial Hospital - PA
- Residency: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Residency: SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- Areas of Expertise
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Tumor
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Skull Base Tumors
- Pituitary Neoplasm
- Spinal Tumors
- Radiation Therapy
- Insurance Programs Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [HMO, Medicare, PPO]
- Affinity [HMO, Medicaid, Medicare]
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Community Medicare]
- United Healthcare [EPO, HMO, Medicare, POS, PPO]
- Gender Male
Dr. Isaacson is board certified in both Radiation Oncology and Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and is recognized for his clinical expertise in all applications of ionizing radiation for the treatment of benign and malignant brain, spine, and skull base tumors. He has a special interest in radiosurgery and has devoted his career to its development. Dr Isaacson has been the Co-Director of the Center for Radiosurgery (Gamma Knife [tm]) at the Columbia University Medical Center campus of the NY Presbyterian Hospital since its inception in 1998. Since that time, he has treated over 2000 patients. Prior to that, he was appointed co-director of radiosurgery for the Department of Radiation Oncology in 1991 and performed hundreds of radiosurgical procedures using a linear accelerator (Linac).
Dr. Isaacson is a Clinical Professor of Radiation Oncology (Neurological Surgery) at Columbia University. In that position he has served many years as an educator and mentor. Dr. Isaacson has participated in the design and implementation of the newest strategies for the management of central nervous system and body tumors using state-of-the art radiation therapy equipment. Dr. Isaacson has also provided thousands of patients with formal radiation oncology consultations. As a radiosurgical specialist for over twenty years, Dr Isaacson and the team with whom he works provide a clinically and professionally mature approach to the most difficult of cases (brain, skull base and spinal tumors) requiring radiation therapy.
Dr Isaacson has received recognition in New York Magazine as one of the â€œBest Doctors in New Yorkâ€ as well as one of Americaâ€™s â€œTop Doctors for Cancerâ€.
- This provider accepts new patients
- Appointment Phone Number:
- Primary Office
622 West 168th Street
BHN B11 New York, NY 10032
Phone: (212) 305-2611
Fax: (212) 305-0928