Contact the referral call center:
Phone: An operator will pick-up your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This is a toll free call from anywhere in the continental United States
Live Chat: hours are 8AM -8PM (M-F) EST.
Roy N. Alcalay, MD, MS
- Primary Specialty
- Neurology (Board Certified)
- Education And Training
- Tel-Aviv University School of Medicine
- Residency: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Areas of Expertise
- Parkinson's Disease
- Movement Disorder
- Insurance Programs Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [HMO, POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [EPO, POS, PPO]
- Local 1199 [Union]
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty]
- United Healthcare [EPO, HMO, PPO]
- Gender Male
Dr. Alcalay is a clinician and researcher whose practice and research focus on Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders, including tremor, dystonia, Tourette syndrome, myoclonus, ataxia and chorea. His primary research work involves the genetics and the epidemiology of Parkinson's disease.
Dr. Alcalay's research is supported by the National Institute of Health (NIH), the Brookdale Foundation, the Parkinson's Disease Foundation, the Michael J Fox Foundation and the Smart Foundation. Dr. Alcalay is Columbia's movement disorders fellowship director. A member of the American Academy of Neurology and of the Movement Disorder Society, Dr. Alcalay has contributed to a range of original articles in leading medical research journals, including the The New England Journal of Medicine, Neurology, Archives of Neurology, Genetics in Medicine, Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology, Movement Disorders and Parkinsonism and Related Disorders.
- This provider accepts new patients
- Appointment Phone Number:
- Primary Office
Neurological Institute of New York
710 West 168th Street
New York, NY 10032
Phone: (212) 305-1303
Fax: (212) 305-1304
Public Transportation: Yes
Disabled Access: Yes
- Non-English Languages Spoken: