Contact the referral call center:
Phone: An operator will pick-up your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This is a toll free call from anywhere in the continental United States
Live Chat: hours are 8AM -8PM (M-F) EST.
Ronald J. Scheff, MD
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell
- Primary Specialty
- Medical Oncology (Board Certified)
- Board Certification
- Education And Training
- 1988 Columbia University College of Physician & Surgeons
- Residency: 1991 Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital
- Fellowship: 2005 Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Clinical Expertise
- Brain Cancer
- Thoracic Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Insurance Programs Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [HMO, Medicare, PPO]
- Affinity [HMO, MCD, Medicare, Weill Cornell POS]
- CIGNA [HMO, Medicare, POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [EPO, HMO, PPO]
- Fidelis Care [HMO]
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First [HMO, MCD]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [HMO, MCD, Medicare, POS, PPO]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [HMO, MCD]
- Oxford Health Plans [HMO, Medicare, PPO]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource [PPO]
- United Healthcare [EPO, HMO, Medicare, POS, PPO, The Empire Plan (NYSHIP)]
- United Healthcare COMMUNITY PLAN [MCD]
- Gender Male
I derive tremendous satisfaction from caring for cancer patients, and enjoy being part of an outstanding team at Weill-Cornell. The emphasis of my practice is on the treatment of lung cancer, primary brain tumors, and breast cancer. I also serve as Director of Fellowship Training for our department. In this capacity I am intimately involved in teaching and mentoring future medical oncologists and hematologists.
Following completion of an undergraduate degree in Biology at Yale University, Dr. Scheff obtained his medical degree at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
He completed a three-year residency in Internal Medicine at the New England Deaconess Hospital in Boston, and then returned to New York for three years of fellowship training in Medical Oncology and Hematology at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
For a number of years Dr. Scheff practiced medical oncology and hematology at the faculty practice of Staten Island University Hospital, where he was an integral part of their lung, brain, and breast cancer programs. He joined the faculty at Weill Medical College of Cornell University in 2006.
- This provider accepts new patients
- Primary Office
525 East 68th Street
Payson 3rd Floor New York, NY 10065
Phone: (646) 962-2066
Fax: (646) 962-1603
Public Transportation: Yes
Disabled Access: Yes
- Non-English Languages Spoken: