Contact the referral call center:
Phone: An operator will pick-up your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This is a toll free call from anywhere in the continental United States
Live Chat: hours are 8AM -8PM (M-F) EST.
Paolo C. Colombo, MD
- Primary Specialty
- Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology (Board Certified)
- Board Certification
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Education And Training
- University of Milan Faculty of Medicine and Surgery (Italy)
- Residency: Montefiore Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: Montefiore Medical Center
- Clinical Expertise
- Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVAD)
- Heart Transplant Management
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Mechanical Assist Device
- Heart Failure
- Insurance Programs Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [HMO, Medicare, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Affinity [Essential (Exchange), Medicaid, Medicare]
- CIGNA [Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, Child Health Plus, EPO, HMO, Medicare (Mediblue), Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid, Medicare]
- Health First [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid, Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [ConnectiCare, EPO, HMO, Medicaid, Medicare, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [Medicaid]
- Health Republic - Freelancers (Exchange)
- Local 1199
- Oscar (Exchange)
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare]
- United Healthcare [Compass (Exchange), HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare, POS, PPO]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Select Health]
- Gender Male
Paolo C. Colombo is a cardiologist who specialized in treating patients with advanced heart failure, cardiac assist device and heart transplant. Dr. Colombo is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and in Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology.
Dr. Colombo received his medical degree, magna cum laude from the University of Milan in Italy. He completed his internal medicine residency and fellowship at Montefiore Medical Center, the university hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York. He then specialized in heart failure and transplant at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center in New York.
Dr. Colombo has been on ColumbiaDoctors faculty since 2002. He is Herbert Irving Associate Professor of Medicine at CUMC and serves as the Medical Director of the Cardiac Assist Device Program.
An internationally renowned investigator, Dr. Colombo has been awarded research grants from the National Institutes of Health, American Heart Association as well as other research foundations. Dr. Colombo has published more than fifty manuscripts and presented his research all over the world.
Dr. Colombo sees patients at Columbia University Medical Center in Washington Heights.
- This provider accepts new patients
- Appointment Phone Number:
- Primary Office
622 West 168th Street
Suite 5 435 New York, NY 10032
Phone: (212) 305-4600
Fax: (212) 305-7439
Public Transportation: Yes
Disabled Access: Yes
- Non-English Languages Spoken: