Contact the referral call center:
Phone: An operator will pick-up your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This is a toll free call from anywhere in the continental United States
Live Chat: hours are 8AM -8PM (M-F) EST.
Nomita Sonty, PhD
- Primary Specialty
- Education And Training
- National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences, India
- Fellowship: St Louis University Medical Center
- Clinical Expertise
- Insurance Programs Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [HMO, Medicare, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- CIGNA [Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, Child Health Plus, EPO, HMO, Medicare (Mediblue), Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid, Medicare]
- GHI [PPO]
- Health First [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid, Medicare]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [Medicaid]
- Health Republic - Freelancers (Exchange)
- Local 1199
- Oscar (Exchange)
- VNSNY CHOICE [Select Health]
- Gender Female
Nomita Sonty, Ph.D is a licensed clinical psychologist with specialization in Pain Management and Behavioral Medicine. She joined the faculty of the Department of Anesthesiology, Division of Pain Medicine at Columbia University in 1998, after having spent many years at the National Rehabilitation Hospital, Washington DC. She holds the academic title of Associate Professor of Medical Psychology at CUMC. She is also a member of the core faculty for the Psychology internship program and Pain Medicine Fellowship at Columbia University.
Dr. Sonty is experienced in evaluating and treating psychological aspects of many chronic pain conditions including headache disorders. She performs pre-surgical behavioral evaluations for implantable devices. She offers individual and couples psychotherapy for those suffering from chronic pain and other chronic medical illnesses. Her theoretical orientation is CBT. She is also experienced in using biofeedback for pain disorders.
- This provider accepts new patients
- Appointment Phone Number:
- Primary Office
ColumbiaDoctors Columbus Circle
Suite 1500 Floor: 15th New York, NY 10019
Phone: (212) 305-7114
Fax: (212) 305-8883
- Non-English Languages Spoken: