Contact the referral call center:
Phone: An operator will pick-up your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This is a toll free call from anywhere in the continental United States
Live Chat: hours are 8AM -8PM (M-F) EST.
Leah P. Gruss, MD
- NewYork-Presbyterian/The Allen Hospital
- Primary Specialty
- Diagnostic Radiology (Board Certified)
- Education And Training
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Yeshiva University
- Internship: North Shore University Hospital
- Residency: Mount Sinai Hospital
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Clinical Expertise
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Insurance Programs Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [HMO, Medicare, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Affinity [Essential (Exchange), Medicaid, Medicare]
- CIGNA [Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, Child Health Plus, EPO, HMO, Medicare (Mediblue), Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid, Medicare]
- GHI [PPO]
- Health First [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid, Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [ConnectiCare, EPO, HMO, Medicaid, Medicare, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [Medicaid]
- Local 1199
- Medicaid [Surgical Scheduling & Pre-certification]
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oscar (Exchange)
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare]
- UnitedHealthcare [Compass (Exchange), HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare, POS, PPO, The Empire Plan (NYSHIP)]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Select Health]
- Gender Female
Leah Gruss, MD is an Assistant Professor of Radiology in the Body Imaging section of Columbia University Medical Center. She is board certified in Diagnostic Radiology and fellowship trained in Abdominal Imaging. After graduating from Albert Einstein College of Medicine, she completed radiology residency training at Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York City and an abdominal imaging fellowship at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center.
For more than 20 years, she has provided exemplary service at The Allen Hospital and continues to advance radiologic services in the newly developed Spine Center. With a focused interest in clinical radiology, she served as Director of Ultrasound at The Allen Hospital and has a particular interest in advancing body MRI.
Dr. Gruss is deeply committed to teaching and as a designated educator she has a vested interest in radiology resident and medical student education. She is focused on improving patient care by maintaining open communication with the medical and surgical staff at The Allen Hospital and has instituted weekly radiology rounds with the ICU residents and monthly noon conference with the medical residents.
Dr. Gruss has extensive experience in body cross-sectional imaging including ultrasound, CT, CT Angiography and MRI/MRCP. Dr. Gruss is a member of The American Roentgen Ray Society and The New York Roentgen Society.
- Primary Office
Room 1-237A New York, NY 10034
Public Transportation: Yes
Disabled Access: Yes