Contact the referral call center:
Phone: An operator will pick-up your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This is a toll free call from anywhere in the continental United States
Live Chat: hours are 8AM -8PM (M-F) EST.
John H.M. Austin, MD
- Primary Specialty
- Diagnostic Radiology (Board Certified)
- Education And Training
- Yale University School of Medicine
- Internship: University of Michigan Hospitals
- Residency: University of California-San Francisco Medical Center
- Fellowship: University of California-San Francisco Medical Center
- Areas of Expertise
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Lung Disease
- Lung Cancer-Diagnostic Testing
- Insurance Programs Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- GHI [PPO]
- Medicaid [NJ]
- United Healthcare [The Empire Plan (NYSHIP)]
- Gender Male
John H.M. Austin, M.D., is Professor of Radiology and Director of Thoracic Imaging. Dr. Austin is an internationally known chest radiologist and past president of the Fleischner Society, an international society dedicated to the study of chest diseases. Dr. Austin's research interests focus on the natural history and detection of lung cancer. Dr. Austin is heading the chest radiology division's research efforts in CT screening of persons at risk for lung developing cancer.