Contact the referral call center:
Phone: An operator will pick-up your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This is a toll free call from anywhere in the continental United States
Live Chat: hours are 8AM -8PM (M-F) EST.
Frank A. Chervenak, MD
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell
- Primary Specialty
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine (Board Certified)
- Board Certification
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Education And Training
- Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University
- Internship: Westchester County Medical Center
- Residency: Westchester County Medical Center
- Residency: St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
- Fellowship: Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Clinical Expertise
- Fetal Ultrasound
- Insurance Programs Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [HMO, Medicare, PPO]
- Aetna [Weill Cornell Employee Plan]
- Affinity [Essential (Exchange), HMO, MCD, Medicare]
- CIGNA [HMO, Medicare, POS, PPO]
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, EPO, HMO, Medicare, Pathway (Exchange), PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Pathway Enhanced]
- Fidelis Care [HMO]
- Health First [HMO, MCD]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [HMO, Medicaid, Medicare, POS, PPO]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [HMO, MCD]
- Health Republic - Freelancers (Exchange)
- Oscar (Exchange)
- Oxford Health Plans [HMO, Medicare Advantage, PPO]
- POMCO [PPO]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource [PPO]
- United Healthcare [Community Plan, Compass (Exchange), EPO, HMO, Medicare, POS, PPO]
- VNSNY CHOICE
- Gender Male
Frank A. Chervenak, MD currently serves as the Given Foundation Professor and Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Weill Cornell Medical College, as well as Obstetrician and Gynecologist-in-Chief and the Director of Maternal Fetal Medicine at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from Pennsylvania State University with highest distinction, and his medical degree from Thomas Jefferson University where he was elected a member of Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. Dr. Chervenak served his internship in Internal Medicine at New York Medical College, residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at New York Medical College in St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital Center, and a fellowship in Maternal Fetal Medicine at Yale University School of Medicine. He was Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Mt. Sinai Medical Center, where he was also Director of Perinatal Research and received the Dr. Solomon Silver Award for application of advances in research to the practice of Clinical Medicine.
Dr. Chervenak was appointed Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Director of Obstetric Ultrasound and Ethics at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center in 1987. In 1991 he was named Director of Maternal Fetal Medicine and Director of Obstetrics. In 1992 he was made Full Professor with tenure, in 1998 he was named Vice Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and in 1999 was named Acting Chairman of that department. Dr. Chervenak was named Chairman and Obstetrician and Gynecologist-in-Chief in 2000. He received his Master in Medical Management degree from Carnegie Mellon University in 2002 and earned fellowship status from the American College of Physician Executives in 2008.
Dr. Chervenak has published over 260 papers in peer review literature and has co-authored or co-edited 28 textbooks. Research interests include ultrasound and ethics in obstetrics & gynecology and physician leadership. He has been named a member of the Institute of Medicine of The National Academies. Dr. Chervenak has served on the Board of Governors of the American Institute in Ultrasound and Medicine and the Society of Perinatal Obstetricians. He has served as President of the World Association of Perinatal Medicine, International Fetal Medicine in Surgery Society, the New York Perinatal Society and the New York Academy of Medicine Section of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and the New York Obstetrical Society. Currently, Dr. Chervenak serves as President of the International Society of the Fetus as a Patient, Vice-president of the International Academy of Perinatal Medicine, and Co-director of The Ian Donald Inter-University School of Medicine and Ultrasound. He serves on the March of Dimes Bioethics Committee and Prematurity Research Advisory Committee. .
He has been awarded honorary doctorates from Semmelweis University in Budapest, Hungary, the University of Athens, Greece, Carol Davila University of Medicine, Bucharest, Romani, and the University of The Republic, Montevideo, Uruguay. He is an honorary member of the Italian Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Barcelona Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Russian Association of Perinatal Medicine, Hungarian Ultrasound Society, the Texas Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and the Croatian Association for Perinatal Medicine. He has been admitted as a fellow ad eundem of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Great Britain.
- Primary Office
525 East 68th Street
Suite J-130 New York, NY 10065
Phone: (212) 746-3012
Fax: (212) 746-3378
Public Transportation: Yes
Disabled Access: Yes