Contact the referral call center:
Phone: An operator will pick-up your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This is a toll free call from anywhere in the continental United States
Live Chat: hours are 8AM -8PM (M-F) EST.
Evelyn C. Granieri, MD
- NewYork-Presbyterian/The Allen Hospital
- Primary Specialty
- Internal Medicine (Board Certified)
- Education And Training
- Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago
- Residency: Northwestern University Hospital
- Insurance Programs Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [HMO, Medicare, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Affinity [Essential (Exchange), Medicaid, Medicare]
- CIGNA [Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, Child Health Plus, EPO, HMO, Medicare (Mediblue), Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid, Medicare]
- Health First [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid, Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [ConnectiCare, EPO, HMO, Medicaid, Medicare, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [Medicaid]
- Local 1199
- Oscar (Exchange)
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare]
- UnitedHealthcare [Compass (Exchange), HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare, POS, PPO]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Select Health]
- Gender Female
Dr. Evelyn C. Granieri, Chief of the Division of Geriatric Medicine and Aging, began her career as is a clinical and research Registered Dietitian at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. She completed all of her medical training, including residency in Internal Medicine and Fellowship in Geriatric Medicine at Northwestern. After a year on faculty there, she became a member of the faculty at University of Pittsburgh where she directed Geriatric Education at the Medical Center and health-related schools at the University. She was medical director of the teaching nursing home, directed the geriatric medicine fellowship program and was Associate Director of Education and Evaluation for the VA Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center (GRECC).
She obtained her Master on Public Health degree while at Pittsburgh. She also completed a Master of Medical Education degree from the University of Southern California, where she also taught medical education. In 2003, Dr. Granieri became Chief of Geriatrics at the Bronx VA Medical Center and the Deputy Vice Chair at the Brookdale Department of Geriatrics and Adult Development at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, and Associate Director of Clinical Care for the GRECC. In 2006, Dr. Granieri helped to establish the Division of Geriatric Medicine and Aging at Columbia.
Dr. Granieri’s interests are in medical and geriatrics education, programmatic development, advocacy and interdisciplinary care of frail and vulnerable older adults.
- Primary Office
New York, NY 10034
Public Transportation: Yes
Disabled Access: Yes