Contact the referral call center:
Phone: An operator will pick-up your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This is a toll free call from anywhere in the continental United States
Live Chat: hours are 8AM -8PM (M-F) EST.
Dawn L. Hershman, MD, MS
- Primary Specialty
- Medical Oncology (Board Certified)
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine
- Education And Training
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Yeshiva University
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Areas of Expertise
- Breast Cancer
- Insurance Programs Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [HMO, PPO]
- CIGNA [Columbia University Employee Plan, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [HMO, Medicare, PPO]
- GHI [PPO]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [HMO, POS]
- Health Net (PHS) [POS, PPO]
- Local 1199 [Union]
- Medicare [Medicare]
- Oxford Health Plans [Community Medicare, Freedom HMO, Medicare Advantage]
- United Healthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, EPO, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Gender Female
Dr. Hershman is an Associate Professor of Medicine and Epidemiology with Tenure and is Co-Director of the Breast Cancer Program of the Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center. She completed her medical degree at The Albert Einstein College of Medicine where she was Alpha Omega Alpha, and completed her internal medicine and oncology fellowship training at Columbia University Medical Center, where she served as Chief Resident. During that time she completed a Masters degree in Biostatistics at the Mailman School of Public Health.
She was appointed a faculty position at Columbia University in 2001 and since that time has developed an expertise in the areas of breast cancer treatment, prevention, survivorship, late-effects of cancer therapy, health outcomes and health disparities research. She has published over 150 scientific articles and has received numerous awards including the Ewig Award for Teaching Excellence, the AVON Foundation Medical Advancement Award and the American Society of Clinical Oncology Advanced Clinical Research Award. She has national leadership positions in the Southwest Oncology Group and the American Society of Clinical Oncology. She has served as primary mentor for numerous medical students, graduate students, fellows and junior faculty.
In her first year on faculty she was awarded career development awards from the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the National Cancer Institute. Since that time she has received grant funding from the American Cancer Society, Department of Defense, Susan Komen Foundation, Lance Armstrong Foundation, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, the Irving Center for Clinical Research and the Avon Foundation for Women.
- This provider accepts new patients
- Appointment Phone Number:
- Primary Office
Herbert Irving Pavilion
161 Fort Washington Avenue
Floor: 10 New York, NY 10032
Phone: (212) 305-5098
Fax: (212) 305-6798
Public Transportation: Yes
Disabled Access: Yes
- Non-English Languages Spoken: