Contact the referral call center:
Phone: An operator will pick-up your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This is a toll free call from anywhere in the continental United States
Live Chat: hours are 8AM -8PM (M-F) EST.
Craig D. Blinderman, MD, MA
- Primary Specialty
- Medical Oncology (Board Certified)
- Education And Training
- Ben Gurion University of the Negev
- Internship: Beth Israel Medical Center, NY
- Residency: Center for Palliative Care, MA
- Fellowship: Beth Israel Medical Center, NY
- Areas of Expertise
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Research Studies
- Insurance Programs Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [HMO, Medicare, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Affinity [Essential (Exchange), Medicaid, Medicare]
- CIGNA [HMO, NY, POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, Child Health Plus, EPO, HMO, Medicare (Mediblue), Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid, Medicare]
- Health First [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid, Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [ConnectiCare, EPO, HMO, Medicaid, Medicare, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [Medicaid]
- Health Republic - Freelancers (Exchange)
- Local 1199
- Oscar (Exchange)
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare]
- United Healthcare [Compass (Exchange), HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare, POS, PPO]
- Gender Male
Dr. Craig D. Blinderman is currently the director of the Adult Palliative Medicine Service at Columbia University Medical Center/New-York Presbyterian Hospital and Co-Director of the Center for Supportive Care and Clinical Ethics in the Department of Medicine. He was previously an attending physician on the Palliative Care Service at the Massachusetts General Hospital and directed the MGH Cancer Pain Clinic from 2007-2010.
Dr. Blinderman received his undergraduate degree in chemistry (Boston University) and a M.A. in philosophy (Columbia) before earning his medical degree from Ben Gurion University in Israel. He completed both a residency in Family Medicine and a fellowship in Hospice and Palliative Medicine at Beth Israel Medical Center in NY. He then went on to complete a Medical Ethics fellowship at Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Blinderman has published numerous original articles, reviews and chapters in the following areas: early palliative care in lung cancer patients (Temel et al. NEJM 2010), medical ethics, existential distress, symptom assessment and quality of life in chronic lung and heart failure patients, as well as cancer pain management, and the management of pain in patients with a history of substance abuse. He currently is the section editor for Case Discussions in the Journal of Palliative Medicine. Dr. Blinderman also serves on the advisory board for the New York Zen Center for Contemplative Care.
His academic interests include: decision-making at the end of life, the role of palliative care in public health, palliative care in developing countries, medical ethics, and the integration of contemplative care and meditation in medical practice. He also has a strong interest in teaching and developing programs to improve students’ and residents' skills in communication and care for the dying.
- Primary Office
601 West 168th Street
Floor: 3 New York, NY 10032
Phone: (212) 305-3071
Public Transportation: Yes
Disabled Access: Yes