Pesto, Tomato and Feta Cheese Pizza
With a little effort you can take your favorite food and turn it into a healthy, balanced meal option. Here's how...
- 1 lb Prepared Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup Prepared Pesto
- 4 Ripe Plum Tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 c Lightly Packed Fresh Basil Leaves (torn)
- Heat to 400°F.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Divide into 4 pieces.
Roll each piece into an 8-inch round crust, about 1/4 inch thick.
Place crusts on a floured baking sheet.
- Place pizza in oven. Cook until crusts are lightly puffed and undersides are lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Flip crusts and immediately spread pesto. Top with tomatoes.
Sprinkle with feta and pepper. Cook until the undersides are lightly browned (approximately 3 min).
Sprinkle with basil and serve immediately.
Serving Size = 1 Slice (9 slices per pizza)
Serving Size (151g)
Servings Per Container
Amount Per Serving
|Calories 190||Calories from Fat 40|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4.5g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 28g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||13%|
|Vitamin A 70%||Vitamin C 30%|
|Calcium 15%||Iron 20%|