Lime, Garlic and Oregano Mojo Grilled Chicken
Health Benefits: Oregano has more antioxidants than any other herb and also contains antibacterial properties.
Recipe prepared by Chef Bill Doyle
Nutrition Facts by Curtis Felton, RD
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
For the Salsa:
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups lime juice
3 tablespoons garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup fresh oregano or 2 tablespoons dried
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 pound chicken breast cutlets, boneless and skinless
- In a large bowl, create your mojo marinade by combining all the ingredients except the chicken and mixing thoroughly. If using fresh oregano, finely chop before adding to the bowl.
- Marinate the chicken in one cup of mojo marinade for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Remove cutlets from marinade and grill for 1 ½ minutes per side or sauté 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add the remaining unused marinade to the grilled chicken.
- Serve immediately and garnish with fresh oregano.
Nutritional facts per serving: 237 calories, 9g fat (35% of calories from fat), 1.4g saturated fat (5% of calories from saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 1g dietary fiber, 25g protein and 11g carbohydrates.