Herbed Chicken Cutlets with Mint
Recipe prepared by Chef Madhu Sharma
Nutrition Facts by Mary O'Hara, RD and Curtis Felton, RD
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients:1 pound chicken breast, boneless and skinless
1 1/2 teaspoon green chili pepper or jalapeño
1 cup fresh cilantro or 1/4 cup dried
1/2 cup fresh mint or 1/8 cup dried
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fat free Greek yogurt
1 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
Chat Masala (optional)
- Cut chicken breast into 1 inch cubes and set aside in a small mixing bowl.
- Remove the stem from the chili pepper, cut in half and remove the inner membrane and seeds.
- Blend chili, cilantro, mint, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, and salt in a food processor or blender forming a paste. Transfer to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Combine yogurt and oil to the spice paste. Add chicken and mix thoroughly so the chicken is evenly coated with the paste. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven broiler and place an oven rack on the second or middle slot to prevent meat from burning. Lightly spray a medium sized baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in the baking dish and broil for 20 minutes or until the chicken's juices run clear. Remove from oven and let the meat rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with mint and diced red and/or yellow bell peppers. Dust or lightly garnish with Chat masala.
Note: Chat masala is an Indian spice mixture found in specialty markets or grocery stores.
Nutritional facts per serving: 215 calories, 8g fat (34% calories from fat), 1g saturated fat (4% calories from saturated fat), 4g carbohydrate, 29g protein, 73mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium
Health Benefits: Mint contains antioxidants and is thought to have a soothing effect.
- Cranberry Almond Biscotti with Dark Chocolate Drizzle (NEW!)
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (NEW!)
- Tomato Oreganata (NEW!)
- Healthy Trail Mix with Dried Apples
- Lime, Garlic and Oregano Mojo Grilled Chicken
- Banana Blueberry Parfait
- Grilled Salmon with Warm Mint Pineapple Salsa
- Herbed Chicken Cutlets with Mint
- Quinoa Mint Salad with Almonds and Cranberries
- Baked Halibut Sitka with Dill and Cucumber Salad
- Dill Garlic Salmon
- Pan Seared Striped Bass With Asian Dill Slaw
- Rosemary and Lemon Pan Seared Chicken Breast
- Pan Seared Rosemary Salmon Skewers
- Portobello and Spinach Bolognese
- Thyme and Wild Mushroom Risotto
- Potato Gnocchi with Zucchini and Thyme Sauce
- Herbed Goat Cheese and Roasted Vegetable Sandwich with Herbed Tomato Couscous
- Pumpkin and Thyme Gnocchi
- Thyme and Lemon Seared Salmon
- Summer Chicken Stir Fry With Brown Rice
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad Pita
- Vegetable Pad Thai
- Caribbean Chicken Soup
- Aztec Cilantro Couscous
- Gazpacho Soup
- Chicken Quesadilla with Pico de Gallo
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Turkey Burger
- Asian-Flavored Coleslaw with Rice Vinegar and Ginger
- Tofu Breakfast Burritos
- Heart Healthy and Planet Friendly Black Bean Burrito
- Sweet Potato Portobello Mushroom Wrap with Savory Yogurt Dressing
- Heart Healthy Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
- Lentil and Spinach Wrap
- Butternut Squash Bisque
- Heart-Healthy Avocado Pita Pocket
- Lemon-Herb Grilled Chicken
- Fruity Chicken Salad Wrap with Acorn Squash Salad
- Spinach Salad
- Pesto, Tomato and Feta Cheese Pizza
- Chunky Roasted Vegetable Chili
- Mexican Bean Salad
- Flank Steak, Spinach & Goat Cheese Wrap
- Portobello Wrap
- Spinach, Zucchini and Walnut Pasta
- Heart Healthy Breakfast Sandwich