Sweet Potato Fries
This healthy and delicious recipe makes a great substitute for traditional French fries. Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of beta-carotene, which is a precursor of vitamin A. Sweet potatoes are also a very good source of vitamin C and manganese, and a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin B6, and potassium.
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 pound unpeeled sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices (about 1 1/2 -2 medium potatoes)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, with oven rack placed in the upper third of oven.
- Arrange potato slices on an oiled baking sheet in rows so they are not touching each other. Brush slices with oil.
- Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes. Turn slices with a spatula. Continue to cook for another 10 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Transfer the potatoes to paper towels to drain. Serve warm.
Serving Size = 1/4 of recipe
Nutritional facts per serving:
3.5g fat (30% calories from fat)
0.5g saturated fat (4.4% calories from saturated fat)
- Cilantro Chicken TikkaGF (NEW!)
- Fish Tacos with Lime-Cilantro and Cucumber Crema (NEW!)
- Moroccan Chicken with Chickpea and Lentil StewGF (NEW!)
- Rosemary Garlic Chicken over Whole Wheat Penne
- Lime, Garlic and Oregano Mojo Grilled Chicken GF
- Grilled Salmon with Warm Mint Pineapple Salsa GF
- Herbed Chicken Cutlets with Mint GF
- Baked Halibut Sitka with Dill and Cucumber Salad GF
- Dill Garlic Salmon GF
- Pan Seared Striped Bass With Asian Dill Slaw GF
- Rosemary and Lemon Pan Seared Chicken Breast GF
- Pan Seared Rosemary Salmon Skewers GF
- Portobello and Spinach Bolognese V
- Summer Chicken Stir Fry With Brown RiceGF
- Chicken Quesadilla with Pico de Gallo
- Turkey Burger
- Lemon-Herb Grilled Chicken GF
- Spinach, Zucchini and Walnut Pasta V
Sandwiches & Wraps
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad Pita
- Heart Healthy and Planet Friendly Black Bean Burrito V
- Sweet Potato Portobello Mushroom Wrap with Savory Yogurt Dressing V
- Heart Healthy Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
- Heart-Healthy Avocado Pita Pocket V
- Fruity Chicken Salad Wrap with Acorn Squash Salad
- Butternut Squash Bisque V, GF
- Chicken Tortilla Soup (NEW!)
- Caribbean Chicken Soup GF
- Gazpacho Soup V, GF
- Chunky Roasted Vegetable Chili V, GF
- Sofrito V, GF
What the letters mean...
- V = vegetarian recipe
- GF = gluten-free recipe