Sweet Potato Portobello Mushroom Wrap with Savory Yogurt Dressing
Winter can be a challenging time for our immune system- the cold weather, the flu season, the holidays all can disrupt our usual life-style habits. Consuming a diet high in antioxidants, such as Beta Carotene, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Selenium, helps ensure that our bodies can carry out the daily functions necessary for maintaining a healthy immune system.
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 medium Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 summer or zucchini squash, sliced in rounds
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme plus 1 additional dash
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 12" whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup plain fat free yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic flavored oil
- Dash paprika
- Heat oven to 375F. Combine olive oil, vinegar, honey and mustard in a small bowl.
- Brush small amount of mixture on mushroom slices. Place mushrooms on a baking pan and bake for approximately 20 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, red peppers, onions and squash. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp thyme and rosemary then toss with remaining oil and vinegar mixture.
- Spread vegetable mixture on another baking pan. Place in oven and bake about 25 minutes, stirring once. Remove from oven and season with salt and pepper.
- Make the yogurt dressing by combining the yogurt, garlic flavored oil, dash of paprika, dash of thyme and salt and pepper, to taste.
- To make the wrap, spread 2 tablespoons of the yogurt dressing on each tortilla. Top each with 1/2 cup vegetable mixture, 1/2 cup fresh spinach, and several slices of Portobello mushrooms.
- Fold ends of wrap in and roll tightly. Bake at 375 degrees F, until warm and crispy, then cut wrap in half and serve warm.
Note: garlic flavored oil can be purchased or made at home. To make at home, gently sauté garlic in olive oil, making sure not to brown garlic, and then strain garlic from oil. Use immediately.
Serving Size: 1 Wrap
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories 510||Calories from Fat 150|
|Total Fat 17 g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 1 g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium 710 mg||30%|
|Total Carbs 75 g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 12 g||48%|
|Sugars 12 g|
|Protein 17 g|
- Cilantro Chicken TikkaGF (NEW!)
- Fish Tacos with Lime-Cilantro and Cucumber Crema (NEW!)
- Moroccan Chicken with Chickpea and Lentil StewGF (NEW!)
- Rosemary Garlic Chicken over Whole Wheat Penne
- Lime, Garlic and Oregano Mojo Grilled Chicken GF
- Grilled Salmon with Warm Mint Pineapple Salsa GF
- Herbed Chicken Cutlets with Mint GF
- Baked Halibut Sitka with Dill and Cucumber Salad GF
- Dill Garlic Salmon GF
- Pan Seared Striped Bass With Asian Dill Slaw GF
- Rosemary and Lemon Pan Seared Chicken Breast GF
- Pan Seared Rosemary Salmon Skewers GF
- Portobello and Spinach Bolognese V
- Summer Chicken Stir Fry With Brown RiceGF
- Chicken Quesadilla with Pico de Gallo
- Turkey Burger
- Lemon-Herb Grilled Chicken GF
- Spinach, Zucchini and Walnut Pasta V
Sandwiches & Wraps
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad Pita
- Heart Healthy and Planet Friendly Black Bean Burrito V
- Sweet Potato Portobello Mushroom Wrap with Savory Yogurt Dressing V
- Heart Healthy Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
- Heart-Healthy Avocado Pita Pocket V
- Fruity Chicken Salad Wrap with Acorn Squash Salad
- Butternut Squash Bisque V, GF
- Chicken Tortilla Soup (NEW!)
- Caribbean Chicken Soup GF
- Gazpacho Soup V, GF
- Chunky Roasted Vegetable Chili V, GF
- Sofrito V, GF
What the letters mean...
- V = vegetarian recipe
- GF = gluten-free recipe