Lime, Garlic and Oregano Mojo Grilled Chicken
Health Benefits: Oregano has more antioxidants than any other herb and also contains antibacterial properties.
Recipe prepared by Chef Bill Doyle
Nutrition Facts by Curtis Felton, RD
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups lime juice
3 tablespoons garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup fresh oregano or 2 tablespoons dried
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pound chicken breast cutlets, boneless and skinless
- In a large bowl, create your mojo marinade by combining all the ingredients except the chicken and mixing thoroughly. If using fresh oregano, finely chop before adding to the bowl.
- Marinate the chicken in one cup of mojo marinade for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Remove cutlets from marinade and grill for 1 ½ minutes per side or sauté 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add the remaining unused marinade to the grilled chicken.
- Serve immediately and garnish with fresh oregano.
Nutritional facts per serving: 237 calories, 9g fat (35% of calories from fat), 1.4g saturated fat (5% of calories from saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 1g dietary fiber, 25g protein and 11g carbohydrates.
- Cilantro Chicken TikkaGF
- Fish Tacos with Lime-Cilantro and Cucumber Crema
- Moroccan Chicken with Chickpea and Lentil StewGF
- Rosemary Garlic Chicken over Whole Wheat Penne
- Lime, Garlic and Oregano Mojo Grilled Chicken GF
- Grilled Salmon with Warm Mint Pineapple Salsa GF
- Herbed Chicken Cutlets with Mint GF
- Baked Halibut Sitka with Dill and Cucumber Salad GF
- Dill Garlic Salmon GF
- Pan Seared Striped Bass With Asian Dill Slaw GF
- Rosemary and Lemon Pan Seared Chicken Breast GF
- Pan Seared Rosemary Salmon Skewers GF
- Portobello and Spinach Bolognese V
- Summer Chicken Stir Fry With Brown RiceGF
- Chicken Quesadilla with Pico de Gallo
- Turkey Burger
- Lemon-Herb Grilled Chicken GF
- Spinach, Zucchini and Walnut Pasta V
Sandwiches & Wraps
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad Pita
- Heart Healthy and Planet Friendly Black Bean Burrito V
- Sweet Potato Portobello Mushroom Wrap with Savory Yogurt Dressing V
- Heart Healthy Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
- Heart-Healthy Avocado Pita Pocket V
- Fruity Chicken Salad Wrap with Acorn Squash Salad
- Sofrito V, GF
What the letters mean...
- V = vegetarian recipe
- GF = gluten-free recipe