Dill Garlic Salmon
Health Benefits: Dill and its seeds replace salt to enhance the flavor of foods and may aid in digestion.
Recipe prepared by Chef Pedro Vargas
Nutrition Facts by Gena Seraita, RD and Curtis Felton, Culinary Nutrition Fellow
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 4-ounce salmon fillets
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine garlic, orange juice, lemon juice and dill, salt and white pepper. If fresh squeezed orange or lemon juice is not available, use store bought juice instead.
- Place fillets, skin side up, in the marinade and refrigerate for up to 3 hours. If skin is removed, place in marinade bottom side up.
- Heat a large saut&etilde; pan or skillet over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add oil to pan, place fillets in pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan, let fillets rest for 5-7 minutes and serve on top of steamed carrots and green beans.
|Amount Per Serving|
|7.6g fat (34% of calories)|
|1.2g saturated fat (6% of calories)|
|Total Carbs 6g|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g|
- Cilantro Chicken TikkaGF
- Fish Tacos with Lime-Cilantro and Cucumber Crema
- Moroccan Chicken with Chickpea and Lentil StewGF
- Rosemary Garlic Chicken over Whole Wheat Penne
- Lime, Garlic and Oregano Mojo Grilled Chicken GF
- Grilled Salmon with Warm Mint Pineapple Salsa GF
- Herbed Chicken Cutlets with Mint GF
- Baked Halibut Sitka with Dill and Cucumber Salad GF
- Dill Garlic Salmon GF
- Pan Seared Striped Bass With Asian Dill Slaw GF
- Rosemary and Lemon Pan Seared Chicken Breast GF
- Pan Seared Rosemary Salmon Skewers GF
- Portobello and Spinach Bolognese V
- Summer Chicken Stir Fry With Brown RiceGF
- Chicken Quesadilla with Pico de Gallo
- Turkey Burger
- Lemon-Herb Grilled Chicken GF
- Spinach, Zucchini and Walnut Pasta V
Sandwiches & Wraps
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad Pita
- Heart Healthy and Planet Friendly Black Bean Burrito V
- Sweet Potato Portobello Mushroom Wrap with Savory Yogurt Dressing V
- Heart Healthy Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
- Heart-Healthy Avocado Pita Pocket V
- Fruity Chicken Salad Wrap with Acorn Squash Salad
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Caribbean Chicken Soup GF
- Gazpacho Soup V, GF
- Chunky Roasted Vegetable Chili V, GF
- Sofrito V, GF
What the letters mean...
- V = vegetarian recipe
- GF = gluten-free recipe