Cilantro Chicken Tikka
Chicken breast meat is rubbed with an intoxicating paste made with cilantro, mint, and other distinctive flavors. This recipe is cooked in the oven, but will work well on the grill.
Recipe prepared by Chef Madhu Sharma
Nutrition Facts by Georgia Giannopoulos, RD, CDN, CNSC
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients:1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 green chili (remove crown and seeds)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 pound chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 1" cubes
Chat Masala (optional)
- In a blender, add cilantro, mint leaves, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, green chili, and salt and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the Greek yogurt and oil to a smooth paste. Stir in blended ingredients to mixture.
- BPlace the chicken in the bowl, and rub with the mixture until thoroughly coated. Cover bowl, and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- After chicken has been refrigerated, preheat the oven broiler to 350°F. Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Place the chicken in the baking dish, and broil 20 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
- Sprinkle Chat Masala and serve hot.
Nutritional facts per serving:
6.5g fat (29% calories from fat)
1g saturated fat (4% calories from saturated fat)
.5g dietary fiber
- Cilantro Chicken TikkaGF (NEW!)
- Fish Tacos with Lime-Cilantro and Cucumber Crema (NEW!)
- Moroccan Chicken with Chickpea and Lentil StewGF (NEW!)
- Rosemary Garlic Chicken over Whole Wheat Penne
- Lime, Garlic and Oregano Mojo Grilled Chicken GF
- Grilled Salmon with Warm Mint Pineapple Salsa GF
- Herbed Chicken Cutlets with Mint GF
- Baked Halibut Sitka with Dill and Cucumber Salad GF
- Dill Garlic Salmon GF
- Pan Seared Striped Bass With Asian Dill Slaw GF
- Rosemary and Lemon Pan Seared Chicken Breast GF
- Pan Seared Rosemary Salmon Skewers GF
- Portobello and Spinach Bolognese V
- Summer Chicken Stir Fry With Brown RiceGF
- Chicken Quesadilla with Pico de Gallo
- Turkey Burger
- Lemon-Herb Grilled Chicken GF
- Spinach, Zucchini and Walnut Pasta V
Sandwiches & Wraps
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad Pita
- Heart Healthy and Planet Friendly Black Bean Burrito V
- Sweet Potato Portobello Mushroom Wrap with Savory Yogurt Dressing V
- Heart Healthy Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
- Heart-Healthy Avocado Pita Pocket V
- Fruity Chicken Salad Wrap with Acorn Squash Salad
- Butternut Squash Bisque V, GF
- Chicken Tortilla Soup (NEW!)
- Caribbean Chicken Soup GF
- Gazpacho Soup V, GF
- Chunky Roasted Vegetable Chili V, GF
- Sofrito V, GF
What the letters mean...
- V = vegetarian recipe
- GF = gluten-free recipe