How Much Do You Know About Tonsils and Adenoids?
Test your knowledge of tonsils and adenoids by taking this quiz, based on information from the American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS).
1. Tonsils are located on the back of the throat. Where are the adenoids located?
2. What purpose do tonsils and adenoids serve in the body?
3. Which of these is a common problem with tonsils?
4. Most cases of tonsillitis occur in which age group?
5. Which of these may be a symptom of tonsillitis?
6. In the presence of a sore throat and fever, which of these can be a symptom of an adenoid infection?
7. How are infections of the tonsils or adenoids usually treated?
8. When do tonsils or adenoids need to be removed?