Food Poisoning Quiz
Find out what you need to know about keeping your family safe from foodborne illnesses.
1. Perishable foods are foods that decay quickly. These foods should not be left at room temperature longer than 2 hours.
2. It's important to wash counters, cutting boards, and utensils after handling raw foods.
3. It's safe to reheat leftovers to 145 degrees F because the food was already cooked once.
4. The safest place to thaw frozen foods is on the kitchen counter.
5. To prevent cross-contamination, it's important to wash hands after handling raw meat.
6. Bacteria don't grow at room temperature.