Take the Sleep Apnea Quiz
When your sleep is upset throughout the night, you can be very sleepy during the day. Perhaps you have sleep apnea--a breathing disorder marked by many brief interruptions of breathing during sleep.
1. Sleep apnea is most common among women.
2. A person with moderate sleep apnea may temporarily stop breathing during sleep as many as 30 times an hour.
3. Snorting and gasping during sleep are symptoms of sleep apnea.
4. A person who snores always has sleep apnea.
5. Of the two forms of sleep apnea, central sleep apnea is much more common.
6. One way to help get a good night's sleep if you have sleep apnea is to take a sleeping pill.
7. Sleep apnea may be annoying, especially to those who have to listen to the snoring, but it's nothing to worry about.
8. One way to diagnose sleep apnea is to measure how quickly the person falls asleep during the day.
9. Surgery is the best treatment for sleep apnea.