Take the Senior Nutrition Quiz
Eating a healthy diet is essential for people of every age. But as you age, doing so is especially important. To assess how much you know about good nutrition, take this quiz.
1. As you grow older and become less active, you need fewer nutrients in your diet.
2. Older adults need more saturated fat than when they were younger.
3. A healthy diet includes plenty of whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, with little saturated fat or sugar.
4. When you go grocery shopping, you should pay attention to the serving size on the label.
5. Food poisoning may be more of a problem for older adults because their senses of taste and smell aren't as good as when they were younger.
6. If you have a problem with urinary incontinence, you should cut back on the amount of water you drink each day.
7. Older adults should eat 30 to 35 grams of fiber each day.
8. One way to keep food costs down and yet have a variety of foods in your pantry is to buy generic brands instead of name brands.
9. If you are a vegetarian, you probably will need to take a supplement for vitamins D and B12 as you age.