How Much Do You Know About Menopause?
Test your knowledge of menopause by taking this quiz.
1. At what age does menopause typically begin?
2. A woman is considered to be in menopause after she has missed how many menstrual cycles?
3. What factors can cause premature menopause?
4. Hot flashes are symptoms of the premenopausal stage. How many premenopausal women experience them?
5. A blood test can help confirm if a woman is beginning menopause. The test measures the level of which of these?
6. What is the most serious adverse effect of menopause?
7. How much bone loss does a woman experience in the first five years of menopause?
8. Hormone therapy minimizes some of the negative effects of menopause. Which of these hormones is used?
9. Why is synthetic estrogen more controversial than natural estrogen?
10. If a woman experiences menopause after age 50, how long should she continue using some form of birth control?