What Do You Know About HIV/AIDS?
According to the CDC, more than 1.1 million Americans are infected with HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. Find out more about HIV and AIDS by taking this quiz, based on information from the CDC.
1. When was HIV first recognized in the United States?
2. Which of these is a symptom of HIV infection?
3. A person is considered to have AIDS when which of these occurs?
4. What does HIV-positive mean?
5. HIV attacks a specific kind of cell in the immune system. Which is it?
6. What is the white cell count at which AIDS is considered to have developed?
7. The risk for AIDS is attributed to behaviors. Which of these behaviors can put you at risk?
8. Why is a combination of drugs-—called a cocktail-—used to treat HIV?
9. What is the best way to protect yourself against HIV?