The Price Family Center for Comprehensive Chest Care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center is home to basic science investigators seeking to understand the molecular biology of lung disease. This information expands our understanding of how these diseases develop, can help personalize treatment, and may lead to the identification of new therapeutic targets. Below is current research happening in the labs:
- Adult Asthma Lab, The John Edsall/John Wood Asthma Center - Researchers at the lab focus on the immune system in asthma, genetic predisposition to asthma and allergy, and the effect of the environment on asthma.
- Adult Cystic Fibrosis Lab, Cystic Fibrosis Program - Researchers at the lab actively participate in clinical trials for cystic fibrosis and encourage participation by those individuals who are interested.
- Cardiopulmonary Sleep and Ventilatory Disorders Center - Researchers at the center focus on studying the physiologic contributors to chronic hypertension and the metabolic syndrome associated with sleep-disordered breathing and cardiovascular perturbations associated with sleep deprivation. Visit Center Page
- David Lederer, MD - Dr. Lederer's lab examines subclinical lung fibrosis detected by computed tomography (CT) in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA); participates in industry-sponsored clinical trials for patients with lung fibrosis and other advanced lung diseases; and focuses on the causes of lung fibrosis and improving outcomes after lung transplantation.
- Jahar Bhattacharya, MD, DPhil - Dr. Bhattacharya's lab studies the cell and molecular biology of lung inflammation by real-time fluorescence imaging.
- Julian Abrams, MD, MS - Dr. Abrams' lab conducts research on the epidemiology, treatment, and prevention of Barrett's esophagus and esophageal cancer.
- Lung Transplant Research Program - Researchers at the program focus on finding new ways to prioritize lung transplant candidates and optimize the outcome of lung transplantation. Visit Program Page
- Neil W. Schluger, MD - Dr. Schluger's lab focuses on studying the molecular epidemiology and novel diagnostics for tuberculosis. Visit Lab Page
- Rachel L. Miller, MD, FAAAAI - Dr. Miller's lab focuses on studying the mechanisms of asthma onset. Visit Lab Page
- Sanja Jelic, MD - Dr. Jelic's lab studies the cellular mechanisms of vascular inflammation and accelerated atherosclerosis in obstructive sleep apnea.